Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Hakuna Frittata

Hakuna Frittata, what a wonderful phrase!
That is what is stuck in my head the entire time I making a frittata. And this one, which I've had twice in the past month, is deserving of it's own song. From Donna Hay's fast, fresh, simple (pg.88) it's one of the best I have had. So I thought I ought to share it with you.

potato & bleu cheese frittata
(you must love bleu cheese to love this, luckily, I do)

12 small red potatoes, cooked and sliced (I left my skins on)
2 tsp rosemary chopped
S&P
6 eggs
1 1/2 cups cream*
110g bleu cheese crumbled

Preheat oven to 325 (I do 350) degrees. Place the potato, rosemary, S&P in an ovenproof dish (I use a pie plate). Whisk together eggs and cream. Pour over mixture & sprinkle bleu cheese. Bake for 30 mins or until eggs are set**. Enjoy.

* I use 1cup of cream & 1/2 cup sour cream
** I baked for 45 minutes as my family likes their eggs well-done.

__________

A little update on my baking list, I have been able to strike off a couple items this week. Peanut butter balls (chocolate dipped!) were easy but I seem to be missing half of them already, I'll look under the couch... because I am sure everyone has obeyed my DO NOT EAT note. Hah! It looks like I will be S.O.L on the giant pretzels (I'll try William-Sonoma at the mall tomorrow in a last ditch effort) so I am looking for a replacement, any suggestions?

My Over-Zealous Christmas Baking List Update
1. Banana Loaves
2. Molasses Spice Cookies
3. White-Chocolate Peppermint Brownies (New this year!)
4. Sugar Cookies (For the kids to Decorate)
5. Peanut Butter Toffee Pretzel Cookies (From Real Simple)
6. Shortbread Cookies (I've already made these, they didn't make it to the freezer! Oops!)
7. Chocolate Chip Cookies
8. Nuts & Bolts (New this year!)
9. Fiddle Diddles (A tradition. No Bake = Easy to Make)
10. Peanut Butter Balls (Also No Bakes but a little more work)
11. Martha Klassens Saltine Cookies
12. June Bars
13. Cinnamon Pull Aparts (For Christmas morning)
14. Lemon Jelly Squares
15. Granny Ruths Butter Tarts
16. Chocolate-dipped pretzel sticks

No comments: