Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Ready.

Candy? Check. Costumes? Check. That's really all you need but I tend to go a little overboard on Halloween. I love it. It's my 9th favourite holiday of the year (Do you really want to see that list?).
This year all that we had left to do on Halloween Eve was carve pumpkins. Last year I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I hadn't bought (more) candy. I hadn't decorated. I wasn't ready. I was also working full time...
This year the list was all checked off, so while the boys carved pumpkins, I tied one on. My apron on, that is.
I bought some fun cupcake toppers at winners ($3!) a while ago just in case I was organized enough to make cupcakes. And the cute spatula is from a year ago, when I was working at Williams Sonoma. Running around like a chicken....
 30 minutes later...
 Also watched an old Halloween favourite which I ordered online. I had ordered it for Miles, I remembered loving it as a child. Um. THANK goodness I watched it before allowing him to. It is SO not for 3 year-olds. Even watching it tonight gave me the creeps (that book with the moving eye!). So I'll stash it away until Miles is 20. Anyway, Happy Halloween everyone. Hope you enjoy your Halloween as much as I will enjoy my little Monkey & Little Red Riding Hood tomorrow.


No comments: