We spent the past couple weeks at our cabin in Saskatchewan. So, in honor of my 'down time' here are 10 things that
I haven't done in week (s)...
1. Updated my facebooks status. Even if we had internet access what would I have written. Haley is: Going for a Swim. Haley is: Drinking a cold beer. Haley is: Taking in the sunset. The last one sounds pretty good.
2. Heard Sirens. It's so peaceful up there. Here we hear sirens & trains all day long. It doesn't bother me, but I do notice the peace of 'nothing'.
5. Worried about what I was going to cook for dinner. Dinner just seems to happen at the cabin. Someone always steps up. And if they don't... we eat smokies.
6. Gone shopping. If you count stopping at Home Hardware in Lloyd or buying an ice cream cone from the South Bay Store, then this one is a bit of a lie.
7. Started a book knowing I would never finished. I love knowing I will get a chance to read each day. I finished four books at the cabin. I really mixed it up this year too. My favourite was called The Widow Cliquot. It's a memoir about the Widow Cliquot (of the Champagne empire) and business in France during the French Revolution & Prussian war. I was learning so much I think I was annoying Bran with my little "info" sessions...
" Hey honey, do you know what a Dandie is? Did you know how they got the added sulphates into wine in the 1800's? Want to hear about the fashion craze during the french revoltion? Guess how many grams of sugar were in a bottle of Champagne in 1811? Do you know why there are stars on the corks of a bottle of Vueve Cliquot. Do you even know what Vueve means??? (He said "No Thanks." But I told him anyway.)
8. Answered the phone. I checked my cell messages once in a while. And I did some texting. But there was no phone ringing in my ear. Um, it rocks.
9. Scrapbooked. Sadly I didn't take my stuff this year. Our little car is just too full with 2 babies (time for an upgrade?).
10. Woke up at 8. Brian does the early shift with Molly. (I LOVE him for it). So he let me sleep in most days. One day I slept until 11. I felt awful all day & asked him to wake me up early the next morning. I'm not a teenager anymore, guilt-free sleeping is a thing of the past. *Sigh.