Saturday, July 21, 2012

Good Morning Sunshine!


This morning was near-perfect (If Brian had been home it would have been perfect). I laid in bed & listened to the kids play in the living room. The sun was shinning in through my blinds so I just stared through the cracks & watched the new day arrive. Every once in a while one of the kids would 'come check on me' but they had no requests so I just laid there, in the stripes of sunshine. It was bliss.

I must have dozed off because I woke up to Molly, about an inch from my face who smiled when she saw my eyes open and said "I eat?". She can be so creepy & cute at the same time. So I rolled out of bed & made blueberry smoothies for the kids. We love blueberries in this household. They beat out strawberries & raspberries every time. 

Because Miles is obsessed with 'facts' I did a little blueberry research for him this morning, what a pack of nerds we are. Happy Saturday!


A little food for thought...

- Blueberries are native to North America
Although they're called "blue" berries, blueberries grow in a variety of shades from light blue to dark purple.
- They are the second most popular berry in the United States, second to Strawberries (not in this household!)
One half cup of blueberries counts as one serving and contains just 40 calories
Blueberries get their intense blue color from anthocyanins, substances that may reduce risk of heart disease in humans
The French word for blueberry is myrtille
Blueberries are a good source of vitamin C and vitamin K

1 comment:

Nyssa said...

Every time I see pictures of Molly, I realize hoe big she is getting, and then I realize how long it has been since i have seen you. I miss you.