Monday, August 20, 2012

Summer 2012...Brought to you by Instagram


It's been almost a month since I last blogged. When you are Canadian & you know just how fleeting summer is, blogging is the last thing on your mind. Here is what is on my mind...

Tan lines. My sister-in-law is getting married on Saturday. So I spent two weeks working on removing the tank-top tan lines I have. I've also been 'crafting' all the little wedding details like a mad woman. Here is a pic of the cuuuute signs I made for her yesterday.


This weekend Brian & I will celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary (whaaaat? Holy shit!). I dont feel old enough to be married or have kids. But I am. And I do. So we celebrate. We are busy this weekend with the wedding so last week we went without our children...to see a childrens movie. YYC Mobile Movie played Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory on the wall of the old Simmons building in the East Village on Thursday (I stole this picture from their twitter feed). We ate Alley Burger for dinner & Jelly Modern doughnuts for dessert & poured champagne into little plastic cups under our blanket (but you didn't hear that from me). 


My MIL turned 60 on Saturday so I had everyone over for dinner. We had root beer floats & I made pizzas (three different kinds). In my next life I might be a party planner. In this life, I just like any reason to cook & find myself offering to host all sorts of events...



Pizza #2 - Spolumbos sausage, goats cheese & veggies.
Pizza #3 - Apples & proscuitto with caramelized onions (my fav.) 


I also made a cake with chocolate-peanut butter buttercream icing & malt balls. So delicious.... so filling.  Everyone loved it. Even Molly who woke up on Sunday morning & pulled a stool up to the counter to polish off what was left of the cake. I have my hands full with that little girl!






No comments: