Monday, August 31, 2009

Layout 074 & 075

I'm halfway there. This year my goal was to do 150 layouts. Well, I am halfway (although I do have several that still need to be downloaded). And you know what? I think I am getting worse. Don't get me wrong, I am still happy with the progress I am making, and I love that scrapbooking so simply is filling up my albums. But I am getting worse. I really am. Maybe I am running out of ideas, maybe I am getting lazy (*likely), but either way, I notice that my pages aren't as pleasing (to me) as they once were. So, new goal. (Well, really a goal on top of a goal). I am going to make the last 75 better. Better than this. I don't claim to be a super star scrapbooker, but I can do better than this. And I will.
Squeaky Clean by Haley Ross
At least I am using up some old product. I think this Crate Paper is as old as my store. And I think the clear frame is even older than that!
Materials: Patterned Paper: Crate Paper; Clear Frame: making memories; Rub Ons: Basic Grey; Alphabet Stickers: Thickers from American Crafts & Basic Grey Chipboard; White Label: Martha Stewart; Eyelets: WeR Memory Keepers
Up by Haley Ross
These pictures aren't very good. Since I am without my camera (It's been in the shop since June!) I am realising that its hard to enlarge bad pictures. Miles looks like a red head in these pictures (he is not)! And while it matches his wagon, it is weird.
The rub-ons are from ScrapWorks and are years old. So happy to see them used!
For those of you who haven't got a Crafters Workshop Brad Map, you need one. They are the perfect way to make circles (like the one pictured above) spaced evenly.
I love this new Abbey Road paper from My Minds Eye. Pretty boy-ish and versatile. I'll be using this lots.
Materials: Patterned Paper: My Minds Eye; Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; Rub Ons: Scrapworks; Brads: My Minds Eye & Bazzill Basics.

2 comments:

Jennifer Reynard said...

Love both of your layouts.
Especially like the Brad circle.
I have loads of brads and this idea
would help me make a small dent in my stash.
150 layouts is an awful lot considering how busy your life style is. I'd slow down a wee bit and enjoy your creating time rather than feel pressured to complete a goal like that. We all have enough pressure on us as it is!

Kimberly said...

I agree with Jennifer. You are too far behind to catch me anyway... ;)
and yes please to the brad map.