Saturday, August 15, 2009

Try This.

Balance
I'm struggling to find it. I've been a mom for just over a year, and in that time, let's be honest, my business has deteriorated. I've enjoyed all the time I've spent with Miles, but when I go to my store (which was once my baby) I feel an overwhelming sense of guilt. I feel as though I have let people down. So I am going to take this opportunity to apologise to those who have been so supportive of me & to those who have tried... This fall my focus will be on improving the store. Everything. From the inconsistent hours, availability of basic products (cardstock & adhesive) and classes to the communication (or lack of) I have kept with you all. Thank you for understanding as I try to find Balance.
____________
1. Quality Time with Children
2. Quality Time with Husband
3. Personal Time to Relax (Doing nothing)
4. Time for a Hobby (Scrapbooking, Sewing, Reading...)
5. Time for Personal Health (Fitness, Yoga Class)
6. Time for Grooming (Getting hair/nails done, Showering)
7. Time Spent Online (Blogging, Facebook)
8. Entertainment Time (TV, Movies)
9. Time with Friends & Extended Family
10. Time spent Cleaning
11. Time Working (away from Home)
12. Time Spent Running Errands
13. Time Spent on Faith
14. Sleep
______________
Put these items into two lists
A. What you spend MOST of your time doing.
B. What is MOST important for you to spend your time doing.
(most desirable to you).
How do these two lists compare?
My Results.
A. 1. 12. 14. 10. 8. 7 & 11. 9. 2. 6. 2. 4. 3. 5. 13.
B. 1 & 2. 4. 5. 11. 9. 3. 7. 8. 14. 6. 13. 10 & 12.
Post your results in the comments section if you like. You do not have to leave your name.

1 comment:

Carol T said...

Balance is indeed a constant struggle! I don't think there are any of us who can't identify and empathize with the balancing issues. If you figure out how to do it all, let me know, okay?