Nope just me. Although I have a Mrs.Claus-esque silhouette. I was looking through the pictures my sister took of last nights "Bake-Off" & I have to laugh because I am holding my belly in every picture. I kept sticking it into stuff, and by the end of the night I had a big streak of chocolate & icing sugar across my tummy. Anyway, the pictures look ridiculous...
10 Things I Love To Do Before Christmas
1. Baking. Generally I hate baking. Love cooking, dislike baking. But I like Christmas baking. And this year (for once) I didn't dip my fingers in the batters until I was sick. Also, it helps that I get together with my sisters for this annual Bake-Off... it makes things so faster & is much more fun.
2. Shop. I love buying gifts. Love it. I make a list, but rarely stick to it (same goes for my budget... sadly). Plus the malls are decorated so lovely that I can't help but be in a good Christmas Spirit.
3. Eating. In our house, as of December 1st it's Open Season for treats :) I love having a house full of Christmas Oranges, Egg Nog, Candy Canes & boxed Chocolates (I love looking at the "maps" that come in each box).
4. Taking a Drive to look at Christmas Lights. If you know of any good places to go, post them in the comment section. One year we did a light tour by bus & it was great.
5. Christmas Music. Every year I buy the Starbucks Christmas CD. I now have 7 of them :) Most of the songs are the same, just by different artists, but I'm ok with that. This year there is a song by Norah Jones & Willie Nelson that I just love.
6. Christmas Movies. There is often one playing in the background at our house:
Here is my official Christmas movie count so far this season
Prancer = Once
Muppets Christmas Carol (a favourite) = Once
Home Alone = Once
Madagascar Christmas = Twice
Four Christmases = Once
Shrek the Halls = Once
Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer = Twice
Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation = Three Times!!!
I have others I love too, and I'll get to them. Oh, I will.
7. Make Wrapping Paper. I'm doing mine with Tattered Angels mists & screens this year. It's gonna look wicked.
8. Burn Christmas Candles. Mmmm. Cinnamon & Pine. Love it.
9. Go to Zoo Lights. Its pretty much the same every year, but it's nice to get out & walk. And it's pretty. (Oh! And I have a 2 for 1 pass in my Entertainment book this year! Woohoo!)
10. Read a Christmas-y Magazine. This year I got REAL SIMPLE which I subscribe to. And it was fabulous for some cool, cheap ideas. And I got O. With Ellen on the cover. And she's cute as heck. I love Ellen. (And got a kick out of a super expensive O-List. Recession anyone? Not Oprah obviously.)