Friday, April 20, 2012

4 Quick Things.



1. I've been working for my dad the last couple weeks. Twice I found found myself at the dump. The dump is gross. And that's not all.... humans are gross. There is so much there could have been recycled if someone had only made an extra effort. Everyone should make a trip to the dump every once in a while to remind themselves to go the extra mile and make sure things are ending up in the right place. Gross.

2. No one needs to consume that much. I get having 'stuff'. I love 'stuff'. But today when I was looking at some of the monstrous houses around me I couldn't help but think it was over-kill. Maybe they deserve it, maybe they earned it, surely they want it, but do they really need it? Is there any situation in which a family of four needs 5,000 square feet of living space? And for once I can honestly say that this doesn't come from jealously. It's too much. Too much. There is such a thing. And I can't help but think that it's a bit insulting to everyone else (especially outside of North America) who isn't consuming as much. What gives people the right to consume more of the earth & it's resources than is theirs?

* I am going to do some research & find out exactly how much of this world could be considered "our share".

3. My dad is the hardest worker I know. Always has been, and proving that he always will be. They just don't make them like my dad anymore.

4. It feels insanely good to earn money again. And I thought it would be hard for me to put my money towards our car repairs... I was wrong. It felt good. Insanely good. Funny how doing 'the right thing' feels good at the age of 30. I mean, I should be use to doing it. It should be standard practise. Not always.

1 comment:

Keira said...

I don’t even know the way I finished up right here, however I assumed this publish was great. I do not realize who you are but definitely you are going to a well-known blogger in case you are not already. Cheers!