Monday, April 30, 2012

Toastadas

The other day I started a new Facebook page. It's basically a forum for people to talk about food & swap recipes. I wasn't sure it would be successful, I am part of at least 12 Facebook groups were nothing ever happens. But so far the reaction has been great. Anyway, one of the ladies posted a picture of her dinner which she called a "Mexican Pizza". I know it as a Toastada and I love them... but somewhere along the way I had forgotten about them. Anyway, I made one for dinner tonight, so happy to have them back on our table.


Basically a tortilla (although in the past I have used thin crust pizza shells), salsa, onions (caramelized), chicken with Epazote spice (pre-cooked), and sharp cheddar (just a little). Pop it into the oven for about 10 minutes until everything is melted. Then top with lettuce & a bit of ranch. You can also crumble taco chips over it for some added crunch (we didn't).


Not super healthy, but not the worst meal I can think of... we had chicken tonight, which is rare for us. Next time I might try & find some beans to replace it.

Now my kids are running rampant & Brian is watching the hockey game. I might just sit & scrapbook...

No comments: