Saturday, June 23, 2012

Perfect Saturday Night In


Right now dinner is on. It's almost 10pm but Brian & I haven't eaten...pretty typical for a Saturday night in. We enjoy cooking together so we usually wait to start dinner until the kids are snug in bed. 
Tonight we are having Blue Cheese crusted steaks, Walnut roasted brussels sprouts & mashed potatoes. Should be ready in 10 minutes.

Last night I didn't eat until 9. It goes against everything Oprah ever taught us, but I love eating late on the weekends. Last night I met my sister & some friends at Brava Bistro on 17th ave. I had lobster gnocchi and a pancetta flatbread... unreal. Then stayed out until the wee hours of the morning & had a sleep-over (it's been a while). But as good as it was, I think tonight might be better (and enjoyed in the comfort of my own home!).


Then, in case cooking & eating a good meal isn't the best way to spend a Saturday night, I was lucky enough to find Donna Hays Modern Classics 1 on a used book site on Facebook for just $5. I can't wait to devour dinner and then the book... A perfect Saturday night is you ask me.

No comments: