Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Rainy Day Cheesecake

 I tend to bake & cook the most when the weather is dreary. Give me a warm day & you'll probably end up with hot dogs for dinner (I'm too busy enjoying the weather to cook). Yesterday was rainy. And the perfect chance to try out one of my new springform baking pans (which I am so glad Kacey talked me into). So here's a look at my process. So pretty I just couldn't resist taking pictures.
 Run graham crackers & melted butter through the food processor. Such a pretty (and tasty!) result (above).
Pack it into the bottom of the pan to make a crust. I used the opposite end of my meat tenderizer (below).

 I don't have a juicer so I had Brian squeeze my limes (so hard!).
So hard not to eat the batter (Alright! I did lick the spoon once!). It's basically cream cheese, lime juice, eggs & sugar. mmmm. Health Food. Obviously.


 Cooling off after 55 minutes in the oven. I always thought cheesecake was a no-bake dessert. Not so. Or at least not the one I made last night.
 I started at 4pm. And by the time I finally finished it was late. About 8. Most of that time was spent chilling in the fridge while I made dinner. But by the time we finally had a bite it was dark out & the rainy day was almost over.
Lime Cheesecake on a rainy day.

1 comment: