Monday, July 4, 2011

My First Simple Apple Crisp

  You see, I never order Apple Crisp when I am out for dinner. There's always something with chocolate I'd rather order, something better than a dessert made of fruit. Today I decided to make a pie with the beautiful apples I had just bought but time seemed to fly by this afternoon and I ran out of time to make a pie. So, Apple Crisp it was. So here, without further adieu, is my first SIMPLE apple crisp.
Sammy peeled the apples (I used 5) and I chopped them up.
 I tossed the apples in cinnamon. I used 2 tsp. but I love cinnamon so I like lots.
 For the topping it's 1 cup of whole wheat flour, 3/4 cup of brown sugar & 1tsp of Nutmeg. Mix it together with 1/2 cup of melted butter or margarine.
 Scoop the mixture onto the apples. Cover it completely, the mixture won't spread when baking (it just gets crisp!)
 Ta-da!
My very first apple crisp. Simple. But Brian said it was delicious (he was a willing guinea-pig). I think it needed a little something else, but for my first try I am pleased with myself.


2 comments:

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

Yummm! Looks good! I have never seen it done with flour before ... I'll have to try it! We've always done it with oats and pecans :)

kaly said...

I was going to say the same thing Jennifer did!