Thursday, May 14, 2009

Stolen.



I was blog hopping this morning. I was feeling a little restless. A little heavy. And definitly a LOT unmotivated. I was dwelling on the fact that I am at the store, and not with Miles. I think about the time I am NOT spending with my husband. I was angry because I sat down at 9:15 last night and fell asleep when there was still lots to be done. Then I came across this paragraph on Lisa Slocombe's Blog and I fell in love. (Actually there was more than this paragraph that I enjoyed, but this was my favourite. Lisa had it all highlighted and colored and I thought I would do the same, taking the parts that I enjoyed the most and amplifying them. I hope you take something from this too. Thank you so much Lisa. Really, Thank You. Sometimes I loose sight of the Balance I strive for. This restored it.






Mothers Who Know Do Less: Mothers who know, do less. They permit less of what will not bear good fruit eternally. They allow less media in their homes, less distraction, less activity that draws their children away from their home. Mothers who know are willing to live on less and consume less of the world’s goods in order to spend more time with their childrenmore time eating together, more time working together, more time reading together, more time talking, laughing, singing, and exemplifying. These mothers choose carefully and do not try to choose it all.

4 comments:

Carol T said...

Wow. I love this. It's so true, right? Sometimes, I feel inadequate for not putting the kids in various sporting activities and lessons. Then I watch Kase play "guys" on the floor for an hour, making up voices and playing creatively, and I think, "Yes. THIS nurtures creative expression. This teaches him to be independent, to problem solve, to, in short, PLAY." I love giving the kids time to play, to cuddle, to read...
I feel a lot of guilt for spending time with other people's kids rather than my own. However, there is indeed value in it -- my children will look at me and see someone who is passionately commited to her job and to her family. And that's okay. They will see someone who doesn't try to have it all, but knows that sometimes being a super mom means doing just a little bit less.

Lee-Anne said...

I love this. It really spoke to me.

lisa slocombe said...

wow. thank YOU. i had no idea it touched you, i'm SO GLAD! and SO GLAD you've shared this!
love ya, hale - you're a good mom.

Martha said...

So true. Very well written.

It's so vital to our children to look at things from their point of view and to try to make decisions in their best interest. It's not always easy to see the big picture...until it's laying there in your arms looking up at you with all the love in the entire world.