Friday, November 13, 2009

10.

10 Would You Rather's?
I thought I'd try and spice up my top 10 this week. 'Would You Rather' is always a fun game & can start a healthy (hopefully) debate. I picked some questions that were a little on the serious side but tried to keep it light & fun. Here it goes..
(If interested, post some of of your choices in the comment section)

1. Would you rather always wear earmuffs or a nose plug?
Ear muffs. I'd still be able to hear, just not well. And I know it would turn me into one of those obnoxious people who yells all the time, but I can't imagine not being able to smell. I think of Brian because he is always smelling our Milk before he drinks it (paranoid much?), he would pick Ear muffs for sure!

2. Would you rather be a dog named Killer or a cat named Fluffy?
A cat. I'd probably like a dog named Killer better for a pet, but if I had to be one, I'd choose the cat. I picture this cat as spoiled and stroked all day long. I'd love that.

3. Would you rather be forced to tell your best friend a lie or tell your parents the truth?
Tell my parents the truth. I've gotten to a point in my life where I am feeling totally accountable for my actions (it was a long time coming). It feels good to just have things out in the open. Plus I quit smoking years ago & they know I'm not a virgin (Miles!) so I think I'm pretty safe :)
Also, I can't imagine lying to Jules. Luckily she has good taste & makes smart decisions so I don't ever feel like I have to. Although I will say I think some of the outfits she dresses Egor (her pet pug) in borderline animal abuse!


4. Would you rather be stranded on an island alone or with someone you hate?
Someone I hate. Knowing me, I wouldn't hate them by the time we left.

5. Would you rather eat a stick of butter or a gallon of ice cream?
A stick of butter. Because I love butter (especially the salty kind). And if someone MADE me eat butter, I'd have no guilt and I bet it would taste even better then.


6. Would you rather end hunger or hatred?
Hatred. Then we would help feed each other willingly.

7. Would you rather get caught singing in the mirror or spying on your crush?
Spying on my crush. Which would just mean I'd be caught peeking in on Brian in the shower (I still do that! He smells so good in the shower. Overshare?) But if people got to see me singing around my house, I'd loose all my friends. I am a god awful singer. Bad enough to loose friends. And also... I dance. Not well, but I dance. And sometimes I get delusional and think my dancing is "So You Think You Can Dance" -like quilaity and then I'll bet I look like a really big ass. So yeah, spying on my crush. For sure.

8. Would you rather have a missing finger or have an extra toe?
Extra Toe. I'd be mourning the loss of Flip Flop season, but as a mom, I often wish for an extra arm. We need one, non? I can't imagine being short one finger.

9. Would you rather live without music or live without T.V.?
I'd be so sad without music. It's my "go to" when I need to get out of a FUNK. It makes me happy & calms me down. However, if this said POP music.... different ball game.
TV would have to go. Take it please. Pleeease. I'm way getting too addicted again. Here is a list of shows I watch weekly: CSI Miami, Lie To Me, Criminal Minds, The Mentalist, Parks & Recreation, The Office & So You Think You Can Dance (I always FF through the results show...). Imagine what I could get done if that all just disappeared. But alas, I don't have the will power to make it happen.


10. Would you rather publish your diary or make a movie on your most embarrassing moment?
I've had my diary "published" and it wasn't good. Without going into details that will send me running back to my therapist, it was a hard year. And I lost some friends. And I felt horrible about the things I had written. But in the end, I'm OK with it. I realized that as Bridget Jones correctly states "Everyone knows Diaries are just full of crap." And mine was. It was mean and vicious, but I was 20 and it's not an accurate account of how I really felt anyhow. It was how I felt in those moments. So, I'd publish my diary (which I haven't kept since College when this happened) and wouldn't worry about what other people thought.

2 comments:

annika said...

Hi Haley,
Your post made me laugh - thanks for that! Can so relate to the milk smelling! And Parks & Rec is my new fave show. Wow - didn't even know you were pregnant with your second! Hope you are doing well.

Martha said...

Good post Haley. And yes I am this far behind in reading everyone's blog, not just yours.

For the record, I would gladly chop off a few toes if I could somehow get an extra hand.