Friday, November 13, 2009

Layout 084


Forever by Haley Ross
(double-click to enlarge)
A childhood friend passed away in January. In February, when I went on a scrapbook retreat, I took these pictures & mementos from her funeral to scrapbook. But I couldn't do it. Maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind, maybe it was too soon but I felt sad. And I wanted to feel happy & in remembrance when I finally scrapbooked Pam. That wasn't the only challenge... the funeral program was stark white & I really wanted to include it. I also wanted to include pictures of the last time we were with Pam (the previous summer). And they didn't match at all. But I realised this: Sometimes in scrapbooking there is a bigger purpose. Sometimes it's about the memory & the meaning and not about your paper choice. Not about the sticker & buttons. So I am happy with this layout. Because it is completed, and I was able to include everything I wanted to.


I cut Pam's funeral card (I took two) up and using a Close To My Heart photo flap, I was able to make an interactive page. Behind the beautiful picture of Pam, you can see the inside of the card. These flaps are awesome. And inexpensive. If you need a Close To My Heart sales rep (that's the only way you can order these great little 4x6 self-adhesive flaps) check out Erin's Blog. She'll hook you up!
Materials: Patterned Paper: My Minds Eye; Ribbon: Stampin' Up; Photo Flaps: Close to My Heart; Chipboard Letters: Pink Paislee; Pen: Zig Writer by EK Success.

No comments: