Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sleepy

 Molly. 5 days old.
Yawn.
I am sleepy. I am tired. And I am struggling. And I have no idea why. I haven't been staying up later than usual... but I find myself nodding off during the day. I am so sleepy. I think my kids are too! I have spent the past couple days rocking my babies to bed. I still sing to Molly (I loved singing to Miles, but now he just looks at me, as unimpressed as an Idol judge would be...). I know she will soon be too old to sing to as well (in which case I might just have to have another baby to fill the void). So even though I am sleepy, I am enjoying my time in the rocking chair with her. There is nothing better than when she rests her head on my shoulder & gives in. But I have to admit I have made up words in place of lyrics that I have forgotten over time. I am also guilty of turning songs like 'Bad Romance' into lullabies. Here are 10 songs I love to sing to my kids (as appropriate or inappropriate as the lyrics may be).

1.There's a Little Wheel A-Turning In My Heart
2. Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
3. Ice Cream - Sarah McLaughlin
4. Jesus Loves Me
5. Baby Beluga - Raffi
6. Big Yellow Taxi - Joni Mitchell
7. Both Sides Now - Joni Mitchell
8. Please Don't Stop The Music - Jamie Cullum
9. Easy Silence - Dixie Chicks
10. Yellow - Coldplay

Miles. 3 months old.

1 comment:

Aaryn said...

I was just looking at this post, and Anna saw it. She kept saying "baby sleep bed" & "baby night-night" over and over, while pointing at Molly's picture. She thinks it's a cute photo too :)