Monday, March 9, 2009

10 Randoms. Totally Random.

I am feeling a little gracious today. But in a totally materialistic way (does that make any sense?). Of course I am happy for my family, and my health & all that really matters. But some days, well, some days I am just happy for materialistic things. Today I am happy for all my "stuff". Go ahead, say what you want... But when my husband is working, my baby is teething & the things that really matter are getting on my nerves, I know, I KNOW FOR SURE, that my favourite treat/magazine will be there for me. So when I pray at night, I thank god for these things (and yeah, my husband, son, family & friends too....sheesh!)


10 Little Luxuries.

1. Shoes. I love them because they almost always fit.

2. Kholer rainfall shower head, Clairins Tonic Bath & Shower Concentrate, Philosophy Margarita Scrub, Rocky Mountain Soap Shop Granola Face Scrub, Aveda Herbal Clay Masque, Body Shop Hemp Body Butter & Egyptian Cotton Towels. Ok, that's technically 7 items, but add them all together and you get ONE fabulous shower.

3. Spanx. They suck in all the right places. Without these I would never wear dresses.

4. Kate Spade stationery & wallets.

5. The Office on DVD. Funny. Anytime. Anyplace.

6. Skiing. I love to ski. For me it's like riding a bike. I took last year off because I was pregnant. I was so happy this year to know I could still just get up & go. A little ski retreat is a must every winter.

7. Banana Republic. A girl at Brian's work gave me a 30% off coupon to use this weekend. T.R.O.U.B.L.E.

8. Coffee table books from Urban Outfitters. Church Signs Across America, Stuff White People Like, Listography.....

9. Pearls. When Brian & I had been dating a year he wanted to buy me a piece of jewelry. So, naturally, he went to one of my friends for advice. She said "No matter what, don't buy pearls. They are so ugly & they are for old ladies.". Needless to say, she & I weren't that close. I love pearls. I love thinking that something I am wearing came from the ocean. They are so pretty. Brian never did buy me pearls so finally I bought some for myself.
10. Wine. I love wine. I love building my wine collection. I love beautiful wine glasses & cute wine charms. I love our Wino Club. And I love sharing wine with good friends.
10 Fabulously Cheap Thrills
1. Real Simple Magazine & Post-It Notes. These two together = heaven.
2. Mini Crave Cupcakes. You know they're good because they never make it home.
3. Patterned Paper. At about $1 a piece I can honestly say this one of my favourite cheap thrills.
4. Lemons. They make any plate look good, most dishes a little tastier & I can't imagine chugging tap water without them. They are great for decorating. (And, when I was young, I use to squeeze the juice into my hair in the summer for cheap blonde highlights. It worked!)
5. Photo booth photos. Admit it, there isn't much better than a funny picture from a photo booth.
6. Sheep River. It's such a beautiful place to go for a walk or a dip on a hot day. I feel so lucky to have such a beautiful place so close to home.
7. Yahtzee.
8. Mail. I love sending people mail. Maybe because I know how much I love to receive it. Even just a letter makes my day.
9. Rocket Popsicles. You know, the kind that are Red, White & Blue. My goodness those things are good.
10. Flowers. Peonies. Hydrangeas & Lilacs. If I can grow them, even better.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Great list! By the way, if you sign up at Gap.ca you get their emails sent to you, including this weekends 30% Friends and Family coupon.

Aaryn said...

I love Rocket Popsicles too. Mmmm. That was the best thing about a visit to the beach in Penticton in the summer.

Carol T said...

Yes, thank you God for Spanx. This is why I don't like the beach: I can't wear my Spanx with my swimsuit. Well, I could... but I'd look pretty damn funny.
So Haley likes pearls, huh? Hmmm. The jewellery designer who lives inside of me thinks she may have prezzies for you...