Thursday, March 19, 2009

Update...


The Okotoks Scrapbook Convention was a complete success. Complete. Lisa Slocombe (& her volunteers) did a fabulous job & I think we all owe her a big round of applause (insert clapping here). We had a great time doing make & takes, eating Crave cupcakes and of course, bidding on silent auction items. (Other people may also have scrapbooked....) Brian went home with a round of Golf and this is an official public apology to anyone who was also bidding on that item. He is very competitive when he is bored. And I won a beautiful ring hand-made by a friend as well as a sweet little green afghan. Lucky me.
Yep. $12,534.50 big ones. All of that goes to the Rowan House Emergency Shelter. Every cent. And that my friends, is a warm fuzzy.



1 comment:

Deanna Weber said...

That is awesome, you guys raised a lot of money good for you, so happy that everything went great and it was a success. I will try to be there for the next one. Is the date set yet, I need time to plan and save money! Good job to Lisa too, tell her I say hi, if she remembers me! hehe