Monday, March 2, 2009

Just because...

Whenever I feel a little sad, I always listen to music. It just helps me to release.
I decided to add an extra 10 randoms.
Here are
10 Song Lyrics I just love:
1. "I'll stir-fry you in my wok!" - Beastie Boys
Just because it is do darn witty.
2. " Then you'll call me a bitch, and everyone we're with will be embarrassed and I won't give a shit." - Kate Nash
She's cute. And this song reminds me of my college boyfriend with whom I just played one big old mind game. Thank God that it didn't last & I found Brian.
3. "And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming or the moment of truth in your lies. When everything feels like the movies and you bleed just to know you're alive" - Goo Goo Dolls.
I remember hearing this song & thinking "He's taking words out of my mouth." I think (hope) everyone feels like this some days.
4. " Be my Romeo. My go-go Romeo. I see you twist & turn you look so *%$#ing stupid." - Everclear.
I love the singers voice and maybe that's why I get this line stuck in my head for days. It almost sounds like he spits a little and for some reason I love that.
5. " I picked the morning paper off the floor, it was full of other people's little wars. Wouldn't they like their peace? Don't we get bored? And we call for the three great stimulants. Of the exhausted ones, Artifice brutality and innocence. Artifice and innocence." - Joni Mitchell.
6. "It's a sad sad story when a mother will teach her daughter that she ought to hate a perfect stranger" - The Dixie Chicks.
I love the Dixie Chicks. I am an opinionated person (ya think?) but I realise in this lyric that you need to walk a fine line between having an opinion and forcing your opinions on others. It's amazing that they can see & relay that message that after being persecuted for expressing their own opinion.
7. "Doesn't anybody wish they had just one more friend?" - Stabilo
When I moved to Canada I couldn't believe how people were so satisfied in their cliques. I always think the more, the merrier. This song is a great representation of what will happen if we all keep acting like we're "too busy".
8. "Forget your American Dream & wake up to Canadian Men." - Paul Brandt.
9. "So make the best of this test and don't ask why" - Green Day
I don't believe everything in life happens for a reason. Like my friend Pam who died in January. There's no reason. It's just a test. I can't wait to find out for what.... and I am going to give the "Tester" a piece of my mind.
10. "Next door, there's an old man who lived to his nineties & one day, passed away in his sleep. And his wife, she stayed for a couple more days and passed away. I'm sorry I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know, we belong." - Ben Folds.
This is "our song". We danced to it at our wedding and anyone who heard the lyrics was crying. Again, I felt like he read my mind and said what I couldn't put in words for Brian. This song is as happy as it is sad.

2 comments:

Lee-Anne said...

This is so good. I love it. I love your blog. I'm so sorry about your friend Pam. I feel that way about my brother some days. I think anger is part of the grieving process.

Carol T said...

Love your song choices! I'm samesies in some of mine. One of my favourite lines is from Simon and Garfunkel's "Kathy's Song" -
"And this song I was writing is left undone
I don't know why I spend my time
Writing songs I can't believe
With words that tear and strain to rhyme."