Saturday, March 28, 2009

Layout 062 & 063

Love/Hate
It's been a while since I scrapbooked. (You may be surprised to see an actual layout on this blog, let alone two.) Well, I had to post two, because I HATE the first one. It's ugly right? But I firmly believe that I should not re-do pages, or nothing would ever get done. So, I going to put this hideousness into my album & just be happy that the story has been told. If anyone has any great suggestions for adding to this monstrosity, let me know, otherwise, here it is. Ugly. So ugly I had to wait until I finished another page that I was satisfied with before I posted it, so I wouldn't be so revolted. You think I am being too dramatic? Check out this piece of work (below). I actually like the second layout. Back on track.... thank goodness.
What I learned at the Zoo by Haley Ross
I was excited to do this layout...but somewhere, something went wrong. I loved this paper so much, but in hindsight I think it was the wrong paper. I did use some old supplies, that buckle is ancient.
Materials: Patterned Paper: Sandylion, Lil Davis, ki memories and Chatterbox; Stcikers: Chatterbox; Paper Strip: Doodlebug Designs; Buckle & Overlay: making memories; Brads: Doodlebug Designs; Pen: EK Success Zip Writer; Other: Transparency.
Discover by Haley Ross
Redeemed myself. (I'm happy with this one.) I was especially happy to use some very, very old stock on this layout. The pewter accents & brads were just dust collectors. They are about 5 years old. I was happy to see them used.
Materials: Patterned Paper: Reminisce & ki memories; Cardstock: DCVW & Bazzill Basics; Loopy Brads & Scrappers Floss: Karen Foster; Pewter Embellishments: making memories; Pencil Crayons: Heidi Swapp; Cricut Cartridge: George.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

they are both good. I do really love the second one. It rocks... and I am going to scraplift it............
so there.

Martha said...

The first one is not horrible. I like it. You're being too hard on yourself. And the pics are great.

Really love the second one now.

Kacey said...

Like i said...

What one person thinks sucks another will scraplift...

Put that quote in your scrapbook

K