Wednesday, April 1, 2009

10 Randoms. Late, as per usual.



I do.
Tonight I rekindled my love affair with scrapbooking. Every once in a while (after a hiatus or a few bad layouts) I begin to think our relationship has turned sour. Tonight I spent the night scrapbooking with Michelle & Ryane and it was fabulous. I got lots done & had a very relaxing time. Ahhhhh.
10 Reasons I love Scrapbooking
1. The finished product. You can only have so many quilts or beeswax candles... Scrapbooking produces lovely albums that are cherished forever. The more pictures... the more scrapbooks. Ain't nothing wrong with that.
2. The company. I have so many friends I've made because of scrapbooking. Honestly, at least 30% of my Facebook Friends are fellow paper lovers.
3. The paper.
4. The snacks. Tonight I had nibs, M&M's & a couple of girl guide cookies. I like to think that for every layout I get done I burn at least 100 calories in creativity.
5. The self expression. Jimmy Kimmel the other night defended scrapbooking when one of his guests said it was vain. ( Mr.Kimmel suggested that perhaps men wearing makeup to work was a little more self-involved). I love breaking down myself into peices and recording them.
6. The legacy. I hope Miles (or at least his wife) will appreciate these albums as much as I appreciate all of the photos my mother took & compiled.
7. The shopping. Duh.
8. The escape. Tonight was relaxing. Especially when I put all of my decision making into Michelles capable hands. Well done Michelle, tonight scrapbooking was a breeze.
9. The photos. Love photos, love scrapbooking.
10. The feeling that I've accomplished something. 5 finished layouts tonight. Now that feels good.

2 comments:

Lee-Anne said...

Glad you had some fun. Yes isn't it a wonderful hobby? I have met so many great ladies in the hobby too. You will have to post your recent layouts.

Carol T said...

It's how I've met all my Okotoks/High River friends since we moved here!