Tuesday, April 21, 2009

10 Randoms

I spent the weekend in Penticton, BC with my girlfriend Juliana. I love hanging out with her. Actually I love all of my girlfriends. So this late (as usual) edition of my 10 Randoms is dedicated to them...
10 Reasons I Love My Friends
1. You can "go for coffee" all day long. Sometimes a cup of chai can last for hours. One time Jules and I went to 4 (FOUR!) different coffee shops in one day. Theresa & I sat at Good Earth for so long we felt bad and ended up buying a second round.
2. Golf. I golf better and I have more fun than the pressure I feel when golfing with the guys.
3. Sharing. Juliana has the best hoodies in the world. Dana has great golf tips. Kim's got a great stash of patterned paper. The "What's mine is yours" feeling is an attitude I love in my friends.
4. Honesty. I can dish it out, but I can't always take it in. If I have to hear that a pair of jeans don't really fit me anymore, or that my hair is just plain horrid, I want to hear it from a girlfriend.
5. Teasing. Does anyone else always feel like most boys take it too far. I love that I can give Jesse a hard time about her "Crazy Little Elves" and she knows it's all in good fun. I even don't mind when the girls make fun of my hybrid or recycling.
6. Social Scrapbooking. There are a handful of people I love to scrapbook with. You know who you are, I love you. I love that scrapbooking is the only thing in the world when we are deep into it. I love that we share. I love what we talk about (pretty much everything!).
7. Singing. Girlfriends sing together. There's nothing better than a bunch of drunks singing Journey at the top of their lungs (ePIC!) and being told that my rendition of "Oh Hot Damn, This is My Jam" is the best one out there.
8. Advice. Now that I have a baby its great to have friends like Tasha that I can turn to, to find out what she's doing with her baby. Also love that I can call Kim ANYTIME for solid baby advice.
9. Venting. Gossiping. Bitching. We all do it, just admit it. If you're smart you just do it with your closest friends. There's something relieving about finding out that Teresa feels the same way I do about Tori Spelling; that Lindsay is also stressed about tax season and that Kim thought ______'s comment was totally unreasonable too!
10. They accept a messy house. Real friends do! They do. If a real friend is coming by, I don't clean. So if you come by (announced...) and its a pig sty, it means I love you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love love love your list....ummmmm and PS singing Journey at the top of your lungs while eating a certain someone's homemade banana bread is the way to have an EPIC night out!!!!

Anonymous said...

I so agree with everything on your list espcially the having a dirty house!

Martha said...

Great list. You're a fun gal that's for sure.

I think _____'s comment was unreasonable too...and I know you think I'm thinking of one person and one comment but it's really a different person and a different comment that I'm thinking about. Make sense? I think it probably did to you.

Kimberly said...

aaah thanks...

Lee-Anne said...

I love your lists. You inspire me.