Thursday, March 19, 2009

10 Randoms....a contest!

In June I am going with my in-laws and family to Toronto to visit Brian's elusive side of the family. I say elusive, because I haven't met some of them & it seems like they are a bit of a secret. Here are 10 things I would love to see/do when I am in Toronto:
1. Lay on the glass at the CN Tower. (If I am feeling gutsy)
2. See Cityline or The Hour.
3. Buy Amy Butler Fabric
4. Go to Pottery Barn Kids
5. Visit the Hockey Hall of Fame (Ok, this is Brian's idea, but I imagine I will end up going and I bet I will enjoy it).
6. Go to Much Music. Just because.
7. Check out some wineries near Niagara.
8. Go to a jazz bar.
Ok ladies, tell me what else I should add to this list, and if I chose your idea (just post it in the comment section) you will win a $25 Gift Certificate. Good Luck.
Ps. I will not be hunting down any local scrapbook stores, sometimes I just need to get away from all this.

10 comments:

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

Haley, you must go to Canada's Wonderland! It's our answer to Disneyland except it is themed around Yogi the Bear. I used to go ever year as a kid and it was the best and before I got married I took my hubby there. We had a blast! http://www.canadaswonderland.com/

Have fun in Toronto

Jennifer

Antoinette said...

Go shopping in Yorkville area-great shops.Go the Beaches-quaint area with shops, cafes restaurants and of course a beach- Great place to walk along the beach-it goes on forever. Also there is a scrapbook shop in the area, in case you are tempted.
Have fun!

Antoinette

Tasha said...

Head out to St Jacobs and area, near Kitchener-Waterloo. It is a cute little Mennonite community and you will drive alongside horse and buggies. And they have a killer farmers market--apple fritters made of juicy slices of apple dipped in batter to order. Mmmmm...
http://www.stjacobs.com

Lee-Anne said...

Just enjoy your little holiday and don't plan anything and be spontaneous.

Martha said...

Shop shop shop at the Eaton Centre. There are some great store of course, but also a beautiful building to see. Also, Toronto has some great vintage shops (not thrift stores), if you are at all into vintage clothes, purses or jewelry.

Andrea MacDonald said...

If you're going to look at Amy Butler Fabric you also have to check out Michael Miller fabric. It's just as sexy!
You also have to check out a Blue Jays game. It is a must while in Toronto even if you're not a big baseball fan they are always fun.

Heather said...

I was there such a long time ago-like 20 years ago! I remember enjoying my visit to the Royal Ontario Museum, and Eaton's Centre. Now, I would probably look into a Toronto Symphony concert as well as any musicals playing.

Have a great trip!

Heather

Heather said...

Not sure why I didn't think of it before I posted, but I would definitely be checking out the jazz bars at night!

Heather

schmidthouse said...

I would recommend shopping down on Queen St. and the Eaton Centre area...I bet they have the good museums too, the ones that aren't hockey related...

Jemma said...

a ferry across to the island to walk about and chill out, the skyline on the way back is cool too!