Sunday, February 22, 2009

10 Randoms... On time (for once).

I was away this weekend, scrapbooking at the Bloomin' Inn. And I cannot decide if timing was great (as Miles was sick) or terrible. Either way, I missed home. Here are
10 Things I miss when I am away:
1. My boys. Brian. Miles.
2. My bed. I miss the smell of our laundry detergent (lavender). I miss my fluffy pillows. I miss the soothing colors & the pillow-top mattress. Boy do I ever miss my bed.
3. Milk. It seems when you travel, you never drink milk. Soda. Water. Juice. Never milk. I love & miss a cold glass of milk.
4. Water pressure. Maybe this is just specific to Bloomin Inn, but I sure did miss being able to thoroughly rinse my hair :)
5. The Steam Cycle. It's perfect for refreshing clothes.
6. Cereal. (See #3)
7. My Heater a.k.a. Koho. He's our cat who always pre-warms my side of the bed.
8. Getting the mail.
9. A familiar path to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I'd be willing to bet somewhere around 90% of toe injuries occur in hotels. I hate "feeling" my way to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
10. My nightstand. Full of all the things I don't pack, but always need. Kleenex. Lip Balm. Hand Lotion. Advil. Batteries. Visine. Nail Clippers. I never think I'll need one of these things, and almost always do. But how do I know which one?

3 comments:

Kitchen Utensil said...

Now why would you miss your bed - what with the comfy accomodations and all! And why are there batteries on your nightstand? Just wondering....
Glad you had fun this weekend - still jealous! But looking forward to Saturday!!! See you then!

Kimberly said...

I was wondering about the batteries too...... ew.

Martha said...

Hmmm, if you needed batteries at the Bloomin' Inn, then I really don't know what goes on there. See you Saturday, looking forward to it.