Sunday, February 8, 2009

10 Randoms


On Tuesday is my 28th birthday. So with that in mind, my theme for the week is


10 Random Things that happened when I was 27.


1. I had Miles. And my house filled up with stuff like Sophie The Giraffe, Big Toe (pictured above) and Jumperoo's. I trip over it all the time.

2. I waterskied, only 6 weeks after having a baby. I was really proud of myself.

3. I built-up some friendships. Kim & Tara, Teresa, Jesse, Lindsay and Tasha. And I kept the most important one, Juliana.

4. I spent most of my summer at Turtle Lake. It was one of the best summers of my life.

5. Our life got a couple other new arrivals: Isla & Hannah. We also lost Brian's cousin Mimi & our family friend Lori & a childhood friend Pam. 27 was a big year for unexpected losses.

6. I only cut my hair once the whole year. ( I know, I know)

7. I got very drunk at Brians Christmas Party. It was stupid.

8. I saw my mom in a new light. She was so helpful when I had Miles, and on many occasions since then. She also broke her ankle on my drirveway helping me out.

9. I read very few books. Usually I read a lot. I'll blame Miles for that one. My favourite books this year weren't "big-reads". I loved the Chelsea Handler books.

10. I cleaned my Scrapbook Room. At least 19 times. And each time, it was messy a day later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great birthday Haley!


Lee-Anne Thornton

Kacey said...

i CAN HELP YOU WITH #6....lol

KDees said...

I had to comment on your waterskiing accomplishment! I waterskiied 3 weeks after having my second son, and it felt great too! Isn't it amazing what our bodies can do? I've been meaning to come into the store very soon. Maybe I'll catch you there!

Martha said...

That was a great list. Sorry for the losses, congrats on the accomplishments and thanks for sharing. It was great.

Happy birthday.