Tuesday, March 6, 2012

C is for Cookie. And Conquered.

I have conquered the Chocolate Chip Cookie. And it only took 5 years. But today, for the third time in a row, I was able to successfully make Chocolate Chip Cookies from the same recipe.


I'd like to first say that: I blame my oven. It's inconsistent & I think it's out to get me. And I've put up with it's bad attitude for 5 years. And in that 5 years it has burnt, undercooked & misshapen every cookie I have thrown it's way. But today I arose victorious. Today I showed my oven who is boss..... seriously, I hate this oven. Today I made chocolate chip cookies. And they turned out scrumptiously. Again. Yesss.

1 1/2 c. All-purpose flour
1 tsp. Baking powder
8 tbsp. Margarine
2/3 c. Packed brown sugar
1/4 Fine sugar
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1 Egg
2/3 c. Semi-sweet chocolate chips

Mix & drop onto cookie sheet (greased or with parchment). Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes (or 15 as my evil oven insists). Yields 18 (but I make 24 smaller ones, because then I can let the kids have two.).

1 comment:

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

mmmm ... Cookies! I should stop by and steal some :)